Zig Zag Island Course Book
Wydawnictwo: Oxford University Press
Under 7 years (kindergarten or first year of primary school)
Alison Blair and Jane Cadwallader
A starter course for the very young that introduces English through play.
* Children are introduced to language through play, ensuring that their first encounter with English is non-threatening and fun.
* Children join the characters Katy and Tom as they travel around an island inhabited by animals in Zig-Zag Island, the first level, and around another island occupied by magic characters in Zig-Zag Magic , the second level. This sets the context for songs, games and stories covering a variety of topics such as the family, toys and food.
* There are no words in the Zig-Zag Island coursebook; each unit focuses on a different story told entirely through the illustrations. This allows children to take part in communicative activities without worrying about written forms. Zig-Zag Magic introduces reading and writing at a very gentle pace.
* At each level puzzle pages, featuring a wide variety of puzzles, keep children attentive and motivated and help to develop thinking skills.
* Cut-outs for easy-to-make items such masks, puppets and cards are included.
* At each level posters and flashcards provide the stimulus for a number of games.